Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Hubble Palette Image -IC1396 (Elephants Trunk)

tdnicholls

Hi,

Been a while since I have posted an image here, not really done a great deal so far this year, weather and building and Obs has slowed things.

Had some issues with the QSI 6120 but camera now back from its american trip, obs built and functioning and 2 clearish nights with no moon allowed a few subs.

Decided to give the NB filters a work out and here is the result, pretty pleased the way this turned out with the limited data.
TrunkSHOCal_v2_zpsrrutkqyx.png

The tech stuff..
5 x 10m Ha
5 x 15m OII
4 x 15m SII
59 Bias and 19 Darks, 29 flats for each channel
Tak FSQ 106 + Reducer (385mm FL and f/3.6)
Paramount MX
QSI 6120
Captured with SGPro and processed in Pixinsight

Thanks for all the positive comments on this one, I am very pleased with as it the first time I had used all the filters and actually done a full process of my NB data.

I was going to add more data to this but may now switch to a mosaic of the wider area.  

@jimao22 - these are 5nm Astrodon filters, thanks for the processing comment, is something I have worked hard to get to grips with, far more challenging that the capture side.

Thanks again

Archived