Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cambridge Double Star Atlas

Pig

I am not sure if anyone is interested but I have read a few threads about this very popular double star atlas.

There is going to be a reprint later this year and they will be available around December.

Pre ordering is available using the following link, the cost is about £34.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Cambridge-Double-Star-Atlas/dp/1107534208/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

It is a new edition, not a reprint.

James

Have the stars changed then or are they second editions ?  :grin:  Of course you are right, but honestly, is it really that important ? Sue me :police:

My main point was to let people know a great atlas is now available again for the masses to enjoy without it costing a fortune :laugh:

I was criticising, just saying it is a new edition; if it were a reprint of the first edition, anyone who currently owns the first edition wouldn't be interested in a reprint, though the avid double star observer may be interested in the second edition, as it looks like the text has been rewritten; and presumably any errors identified in the first edition will have been corrected.

James

Thanks for the post. Been trying to get one of these for a while.

Yes me too, I hope they will be popular enough as I am really looking forward to getting one :smiley: I have discovered a newly found interest and fascination with doubles.  

There is a thread on the CN website in the " Astro Art, Books, Websites, & Other Media " forum, where the editor of the new edition talks about the revisions.

Do you have a link ?

I'm excited about this - the orginal is legendary but has always been a bit too much of an outlay for me. I am hoping to rekindle my interest in doubles now I have two very lovely pre-loved fracs sitting in my study awaiting proper first light. When I was a nipper I ran a small double star programme for the (now defunct??) BAA Student Group with a certain Chris Lintott; since regaining the bug for astronomy over the last year or so, doubles have been sidelined but I think it's high time that was corrected, inspired by quite a few people on this forum.

Paul

I totally agree Bish :laugh:  Its good to see that the cost is at least now bordering on reasonable and brings it within reach of most people that are prepared to save up for one, or even to receive one as a gift :laugh:

Archived