Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Luna 25/07/15 TAL/1000D

nightfisher

I finally had a chance at some Luna imaging last night, started out with Mak 150/spc900, but not done this type for a long time so very out of practise, but as i had the mount set up and seeing as a band of cloud was heading for the moon i lobbed the faithful TAL100 on the mount and set up the 1000D at prime focus.

This is a stack of 25 frames at 125/sec iso 400 run through pipp and then registax 5, a little play with wavelets then saved as png file

post-8850-0-00075500-1437894650_thumb.pn

That's very nice Jules, plenty of detail in there and focus looks sharp. So this was with the TAL?

Thanks Stu, yes taken with TAL100RS, i seem to have gotten my cropping a bit wrong in the processing so might have another run at it, as i should have full image with no parts lopped of

Great effort Jules. There is no saturation in your second image so I suspect it is mono. You should see some normal colour in the surface if it was shot in colour. From memory it will show blue, yellow, green and I think a bit of red.

Great effort Jules. There is no saturation in your second image so I suspect it is mono. You should see some normal colour in the surface if it was shot in colour. From memory it will show blue, yellow, green and I think a bit of red.

got me thinking now, so i might do a re process later and make sure its colour all the way just to double check

Single frame from the 25 shots, should be in colour just wavelets applied

If you look carefully there is a little yellow in the mares area, stonking good lens in that TAL

post-8850-0-35505100-1437915126_thumb.jp

Good one Jules. Just shows some achros can be used for imaging.

I like my old Towa f15 on lunar, stonkingly sharp and contrasty

Cheers Phil, looks like my old Tal is on its last season............ED aperture calls

Really beautiful images! I like your second image a lot, Jules! Nice and clean. Well done!

We (Heartians) are all lucky to have such a beautiful satellite rotating around our planet.

I don't think Phobos and Deimos are so gorgeous from Mars.

Hi Jules, I like these, I would like to try it myself as my wife just bought herself a DSLR (which she said I can borrow!). Do you use a Barlow to get this image scale? Cheers Steve

Hi Jules, I like these, I would like to try it myself as my wife just bought herself a DSLR (which she said I can borrow!). Do you use a Barlow to get this image scale? Cheers Steve

No Barlow, you just need a T thread adaptor and a nosepiece, i may try this type of luna imaging with a barlow just to see how it goes

Archived