Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Actually got out last night.... :)

Skies were clearing so I thought I'd get out and have a quick observing session and took along my DSLR's (I can't seem to even look through an eyepiece now without needing a CCD of some sort nearby...). Here's a couple of snaps from last night...

Conditions were reasonable until about 1am where it got murky (I'd forgotten just how much dew comes out our skies sometimes!).

Taken with a Canon 6D, 14mm Samyang lens, 30sec exposures, ISO 3200, fiddled a little in Lightroom.

Note the Pleiades appearing in the east in the last pic - winters coming :)

I know - jpg'ing is massacring the images... (honest, it's not me!!)

post-649-0-62767800-1437470034_thumb.jpg

post-649-0-52762600-1437470146_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the comments :)

Paul - I know what you mean, I curse LP all the time but it can add to this kind of photo.  That said the white glow a third or so of the way in from the left is from a local quarry :( They've got an application in to open another one, I hate to think what that will do overall light pollution levels..

James

It is indeed a cricket ground, Whimple's own cricket club... It's got good horizons etc and is only about a quarter mile from my house (so I can sneak back for a refill of my thermos) :)

The view to the south captures the last 2-3 miles of Exeter airports flight path so the majority of images in that direction get a little covered in lines but there you go...

James

Archived