SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield (UK)

Appleblossom

Hi...! My name is Sarah. i am 45 & married with a 16 year old girl. New to astronomy, well a few years but only really, really got into it since Christmas 2014 when my husband bought me a Celestron Travelscope. Light pollution here is terrible & I don't drive so it's hard to get to good viewing places. I have been a member here for a couple of years or so as I have always had an interest in astronomy, it astounds me. I hope to learn lots & make astronomical friends! I welcome your views on anything I post as I am learning, learning, learning...!!! Happy viewing! xxx

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sarah,

Warm welcome to SGL. Hope you enjoy the forums, a couple of things that you can do to help guide you round the sky, download a planetarium program, plenty out there but try stellarium, its great and free, to be found here :-- http://www.stellarium.org/ (site down at mo) and try and buy 'sky&telescope pocket star atla'  and 'turn left at orion' these will help you learn the sky.

Hi Sarah, welcome to SGL.

I also live under some pretty bad light pollution (particularly to the south and west). However, with practice, it is possible to get some nice results. It's best to observe/photograph objects when they are high overhead.  :bino2:

Archived