Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus in the daytime?

Venus also looks awesome through a telescope when there is some daylight taking away the contrast of a very bright Venus against the blackness of space. Doesn't have to be bright blue backdrop, just some sky glow or twilight.

Yes. I posted about the the view through my SCT but with the Tetrad showing where to look, I can clearly see it naked eye.

I wish I had seen your post before I started another thread, mods feel free to merge my original post with this thread if you wish. I have got it in view in the C9.25 and it looks superb a lovely slim crescent.

And in the correct section :confused:  :confused:  :confused: :confused:  :confused:  Tapatalk on my mobile, still getting used to it! 

I wish I had seen your post before I started another thread, mods feel free to merge my original post with this thread if you wish. I have got it in view in the C9.25 and it looks superb a lovely slim crescent.

And in the correct section :confused:  :confused:  :confused: :confused:  :confused:  Tapatalk on my mobile, still getting used to it!

Don't worry - I thought that your thread was referring to naked eye viewing. Either way, it's good to see. Hoping for a good view of Saturn later although there are a few clouds about now

I'm up in Cumbria tonight and we just landed a clear sky!

The sun has just set and the Moon and Venus are an easy spot.

It's interesting how the shallow angle of the ecliptic makes it more of a job than in winter when solar system objects are higher above a dark horizon with the same solar elongation.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Got To See Venus In It's Crescent Phase,I Had To Stay Up Til 5AM,But It Was Worth It.....Hope To Catch Again Tomorrow Morning,I Can Only See It Right Before The Sun Takes Over The Sky.....

Nice one Sky Daddy. Clouded out here so no luck, bet it's a lovely sight :)

Archived