Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problems with backfocus

Hey guys, i've been imaging without filters and well.. filters can help a lot, so i got some. I got 1 for observing and 2 for imaging, but i'm on trouble trying to focus. Without the filters i can attach the dslr directly on the telescope, but if i want to use them i need to use a 1.25" adaptor... here's the problem..

How can i solve it without moving the 1st mirror?

My eos-t2 adaptor isn't that thin... this is the problem?

Can i use a eos-m42 adaptor instead eos-t2?

THANKS! 

helpp

Patience, grasshopper, and welcome to SGL :)

You would get a faster response if you told us more details about your kit, starting with what telescope you have.

You signature is the best place, because then you only have to update it when you get a new piece of equipment. Go to your profile page -> "edit my profile" -> "signature", and then put down what you have. It will appear at the bottom o every post you make.

Good luck with your backfocus problem, I'm sure that someone will be along soon! :)

Are you running out of outward focus distance or are you running out of inward focus distance when using the filters?

You can't use an eos-m42 adaptor. That is for attaching an m42 mount lens to your camera. It has nothing to do with telescopes.

Patience, grasshopper, and welcome to SGL :)

You would get a faster response if you told us more details about your kit, starting with what telescope you have.

You signature is the best place, because then you only have to update it when you get a new piece of equipment. Go to your profile page -> "edit my profile" -> "signature", and then put down what you have. It will appear at the bottom o every post you make.

Good luck with your backfocus problem, I'm sure that someone will be along soon! :)

Updated :D thanks for the tips

Are you running out of outward focus distance or are you running out of inward focus distance when using the filters?

You can't use an eos-m42 adaptor. That is for attaching an m42 mount lens to your camera. It has nothing to do with telescopes.

(my fault, maybe its m48, but i dont remember where i saw it :/ )

I screw all the focuser in while the blur keeps getting smaller, sadly there's an end...

With the 200p there isn't enough inward travel. The pds version has the mirror moved further up the tube to compensate. You can get very low profile t adapters (Telescope House do them) but they'd only give you a couple of mm more. Think the Barlow route might be your best bet.

Archived