Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Setup's First Light on M51 - Fuzzy stars

Igwiz

Hi all,

After a lot of blood,sweat and tears, I have everything connected in the obsy and talking to each and here we go!!

Quite pleased with my first crack at M51 (not sure I have sorted my flat generation properly yet). 150PDS with an Atik 314L+ guided with PHD.

spacer.giffile.php?id=5356 M51_With_Flats_First-Process.gif (164.76 KiB) Viewed 14 times

Question is - are the stars like they are due to poor focus or poor collimation?

Many thanks
Ig

Thanks guys.  But my stars are fuzzy and not uniformly so, looks like only below the centre of the star is affected.  Any ideas on which part of the setup would cause this?  My guys is focus or collimation?  I am using a coma corrector.

Many thanks.

sorry mate i dont know that much about ap but saying that your focus looks good going by the detail in the galaxy,at a gess it could of been down to the condisions ,try and take some more shots and compare..clear skys..charl

sorry mate i dont know that much about ap but saying that your focus looks good going by the detail in the galaxy,at a gess it could of been down to the condisions ,try and take some more shots and compare..clear skys..charl

Your cat is beautiful ... n out of curiosity what is charl??

Syed, hes a sphynx cat called smegul hes 3 in a month , he likes reteving sleeping and Dreamys treats in any order.my wife got me him for my birthday 2 years ago,glad you like him, your cat looks cool aswell. clear skys. charl..

Syed, hes a sphynx cat called smegul hes 3 in a month , he likes reteving sleeping and Dreamys treats in any order.my wife got me him for my birthday 2 years ago,glad you like him, your cat looks cool aswell. clear skys. charl..

Aaah those are the signature habits of a cat .. hes awesomme ...his ears are cool ... is that a robe hes wearing ?

Archived