Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

new to stargazing

The sky is filled with stars and the moon has just put in an appearance it is so amazing have always looked up and watched the sky but now I can see more just need to work out what I am looking at

.......nice one, I have the Revelations, but prefer the lower powered Helios at present, for wider views, having the scope do the detailed  magnified work.  However,  Its too light here in Scotland to mess about with my Skyliner at present. 

keep being amazed and searching the skies.

Thank you i will its been an amazing night but getting a bit chilly now hopefully will get a few more clear nights to enjoy more stargazing. Can honestly say I am in awe truely amazing

Sub giant i have stellarium install but as i am new to all this still trying to work it out does not seem to be in line with the moon

You need to put your location in Stellarium so it know what part of the world it need to line with....Press F6 to bring up the location window......

im a newbie - I have a travelscope 70 - would I see just as much easier or more with a good pair of binos - im debating upping my telescope but you have me thinking especially if you have viewed Saturn..........

Let's be clear, "normal" astronomical binoculars are not the instrument of choice for the planets. Your Travelscope will give a magnification of up to x40, which will show you more  on Venus (phase), Jupiter (belts and moons) and Saturn (rings) than a 15x70 binocular will, as well as more detail on the Moon. Th ebinoculars will have the edge on larger deep sky objects, especially open clusters.

Archived