Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nebulosity 4 & Atik Filterwheel on a Mac / Yosemite

Dear Stargazers,

Just a Question:),

recently for some unknown reason i upgraded Nebullosity 3 to 4 on a Mac

running Yosemite.Struggled to connect Attik EFW2 and finally I gave up.

Well, Atik Universal Driver runs fine with the Camera, But the the little pop up box says "wheel is not connected "

Unfortunatley in the dropdown list under Ext. wheel, there are only two options. None or Starlight express wheels.

Is there a solution for this problem or should i just forget Mac and stick to PC.

Any advice much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Clear skies and starlight

Rush

Dear Stargazers,

Just a Question:),

recently for some unknown reason i upgraded Nebullosity 3 to 4 on a Mac

running Yosemite.Struggled to connect Attik EFW2 and finally I gave up.

Well, Atik Universal Driver runs fine with the Camera, But the the little pop up box says "wheel is not connected "

Unfortunatley in the dropdown list under Ext. wheel, there are only two options. None or Starlight express wheels.

Is there a solution for this problem or should i just forget Mac and stick to PC.

Any advice much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Clear skies and starlight

Rush

I'm afraid I can't help you with the filter wheel issue, but I also have Nebulosity 4 on two Mac Yosemite installations (Mini and older MBP), and have had such problems with my Atik 460 I gave up and am now running Nebulosity 4 for WIndows under Bootcamp.  You might try the same for your wheel; it's covered by your license, but you need a copy of Windows of course.  Your camera sounds like it's okay though; I'd be interested to know what it is.  I know this sounds nuts, but everything is fine with mine on the Neb OSX version except it won't take exposures over 2.4 seconds !  Just black image.  If you have a successfully running 460, I'm going to get more concerned.

I'm afraid I can't help you with the filter wheel issue, but I also have Nebulosity 4 on two Mac Yosemite installations (Mini and older MBP), and have had such problems with my Atik 460 I gave up and am now running Nebulosity 4 for WIndows under Bootcamp.  You might try the same for your wheel; it's covered by your license, but you need a copy of Windows of course.  Your camera sounds like it's okay though; I'd be interested to know what it is.  I know this sounds nuts, but everything is fine with mine on the Neb OSX version except it won't take exposures over 2.4 seconds !  Just black image.  If you have a successfully running 460, I'm going to get more concerned.

Thanx for the reply. Please dont be concerned. I tried the Camera today, which is a 420 M .There is camera recognition by the programm,But nothing happens. Black screen as well as no exposure counting. My Winodows laptops are running fine with Nebu 3 flawless. So i will stick to  that  and try remeber the good old phrase, Never change a running sytem even if the sky comes down:)

No more fooling around and i will not dare to upgrade for while.

Thanx once again and Clear Skies

Rush

Archived