Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WHICH EYEPIECE(S) TO BUY UNDER $150 (pt.2)

Raya K

EYEPIECE PREFFERED  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which Eyepiece Preffered?

• Meade 26mm Super Plossl 4000 series ($40)
    • Meade 32mm Super Plossl 4000 series ($40)
    • Celestron Zoom 8 to 24mm ($60)
    • Celestron X-Cel LX series - 25mm ($60)

So based on my previous topic posted yesterday, these are my finalists. Keep in mind that I already have two eyepieces that came with my telescope: a 20mm and a 10mm (45 FOV and 40 FOV, respectively). I want to expand this a little bit, but have a hard time choosing between these four because I can only get two EPs.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME.

1. Meade 26mm Super Plossl 4000 series (Around $40)

2. Meade 32mm Super Plossl 4000 series (Around $40)

3. Celestron Zoom 8 to 24mm (Around $60)

4. Celestron X-Cel LX series - 25mm (Around $60)

*prices from amazon and ebay*

Hi Raya K,

Eyepieces are scope-specific thing. If I may advise you, when you ask about eyepieces always tell most important scope specs like aperture and f-ratio or focal length.

Also it's not quite clear in what currency are the prices in your questionnaire, CAD or USD?

I'd suggest you to check out this thread on Cloudy Nights. These Celestron/Vite aspheric eyepieces received very good positive review from Bill Paolini and they are pretty cheap on eBay (just under $10 USD) you may want to consider them, BTW they are 62*AFOV.

Archived