Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

25/06 - Montes / Vallis Alpes

Blazar

Another one from the 25th. Shot of the Vallis Alpes, along with the 'lonely mountain' (Mons Piton) in view as well. The two Promontoriums (Agassiz & Deville) face off towards Mons Piton and show quite nicely.  Think you can just make out traces of the rille that runs up through the Vallis. Not put any other ancillary info in this one (takes quite a while to add it all in (so apologies for that).

Usual setup. Captured in OA Capture, Stacked in AS2, Sharpened in Regitax and finished in Photoshop. 

Thanks for looking.

gallery_27945_3180_99579.png

Thanks Charl,  Michael, James, Laudropb, and the Alan(s).  That evening is turning out to be my best, and this was from outside my front door....!

I keep saying I need a bigger scope as well....it never ends ;-) I was looking at a 16" RC, but not sure if the central obstruction would be too much for my lunar and planetary imaging. Then there would be a new mount to think about.....I need to sort myself out before I retire!

Archived