SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I've got Gemni telescope

Does anyone use this for mount control and does it work better than just using teamviewer 10 ? I'm using a laptop at the scope and controlling from my Cave in the basement. I haven't even used the starry night special Orion edition that came with the 8in. newt. yet but, with Summer here and the Oppressive Volcanic heat and humidity " I've gotta get r done". I really could use some help getting this together, anyone? I've got an lxd55 mounted to a modified meade standard 2 in. ss leg tripod "Rock Solid" .post-39008-0-44404800-1435767449_thumb.j

Or you can use Windows Remote Assitance. It's a little more setup, but you will have the same user session on the laptop and the remote pc.

So if you have to leave the cave to check something on the gear, you have the same session on the laptop and don't have to go back to the cave to change software settings.

I use WiFI, but if there is some distance to the scope from the house, a wire would be smart.

Now I am new to the the world of telescopes but if you want to access something remotely and need good speed team viewer is a bad choice. Teamviewer is very slow in comparison to other methods. The best way to do it has already been mentioned but it is worth highlighting. Use Remote Desktop Connection on your windows machine. Wifi shouldn't be an issue that being said the signal could be weak. Run and Ethernet cable if possible out the the system then check your routers network map. Find the IP of the device go into windows remote desktop connection and see if it will let you get access. If I recall the credentials will be he same as you would use to sign onto the machine. Best of luck!

Archived