SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

David Lukehurst on Ebay.

jabeoo1

This seems to look like a solid 8 inch dob for someone. I was tempted to get it myself but have managed to resist. Seems like a very reasonable price to me.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131529676805?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Given the cost of a new sw 8" dob it seems a bit expensive to me. David Lukehurst dobs are apparently a step up from the mass market stuff but even so it's 20 years old.

I'm sure I've seen that scope for sale before recently ???

If it's got a decent mirror in it, it has the characteristics of an excellent planetary / lunar performer. Small secondary (less than 20% the diameter of the primary), single curved secondary vane so no refraction spikes. The base looks much better built than a chinese MDF one and is probably no heavier.

It could well be one of those scopes that owners of more "polished" instruments sniff at slightly ...... until they look through it :smiley:

There was one identical to this cropped up in aDerby auction house earlier this year, i raised a heads up on a forum at the time, cant remember if it was this or EMS. As the vendor is Mansfield just up the road from Derby, theres a chance its the same one.

Archived