SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newbie trying hard!

Reman

So Mrs reman fancied a telescope/ summer stargazing by the pooland remarkable fate landed a 200p with GOTO setup complete at a very attractive price.

Only trouble is despite Mrs reman being the clever one she's little patience for fools and folly so so I'm the one looking stupid asking noob questions whilst she makes herself gorgeous ready to look at the purdy little thing in the eyepiece I've set up for her

Help me out guys this is eating into valuable car,bike,beer and poker time

Hi Reman,

Warm welcome to SGL. A couple of books to help you round the sky are 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas' . Also download a planetarium program, plenty out there but try stellarium, its great and free, to be found here :-- www.stellarium.org

Thanks for the welcomes

The books on order

Watch out for my stoopid question tomorrow as I can't get the blooming thing set up and got here from a search on the GOTO mount

Cheers

Hi mate, and welcome. YouTube is a treasure trove of useful information :)

which mount is it?

Hi its a syncscan as per the (now) avatar.

Very soon to be SUNK scan  :mad:

Hi and welcome to the forum. We don't mind you asking us the questions because we're here to help and we know that our answers are going to a worthy cause - keeping the peace!  :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Archived