Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

Morio Kitsune

Hello there, I am currently living in Catterick Garrison, I have had a couple of telescopes, largest was a 12" dob, but had to get rid of it since I moved a lot. I currently have a Meade ETX 80 as well as a Celestron Travel Scope 70. the celestron has is now kind of battered changed the camera mount it came with at the very first chance I got to a better one, but has been around the world with me, and helped keep my sanity when working in the desert of south Egypt.

I also have a Samsung S1070 compact camera - and yes I have a digi-scoping bracket for it along with a home made shutter release system.

A Fuji FinePix S4800 bridge camera - not figured out how to adapt it with taking it apart for astro photography.

And finally a 16x52 monocular - this one, cheap I know but it is solid and weighs nearly a kilo and I can make out the dots of the Galilean moons with it.

I have not been in the north yorks area for long, so I am interested in looking for an astronomy club, I mean I suffer badly with insomnia so astronomy as a hobby is perfect!

Not sure what else to add other then I am looking at buying one of these Advent AWC113 HD webcam found here and adapt it for astro photography since that is something I wanting to get into. Will also be taking a photography course and head in that direction for a career.

This is me signing out!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived