Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera works on XP but not XP Pro?

Spoon

Hi

I have a HX916 camera , and it works just fine on my mates XP laptop, but not on my XP Pro tower computer. The computer obviously recognises it as it says "Starlight Xpress CCD" under HID's but when I open up pixH9usb and click camera interface, it just says "Camera not found on USB". And yes it is all plugged in. Why is this and how do I get around it?

Thanks

Cam

XP... I remember the days.

There could be more than one thing stopping your camera working with your computer, OS being one.

• Your USB port could be broken, try using it in EVERY other port on your computer. Or try using another USB device in that same slot. It's happened before where the power is going through the port but not data.
  • You may need to install drivers (as Psychobilly said, is your driver / CD 32-bit or 64-bit)
  • The USB port may not offer enough power. My microphone (a blue snowball) is picky about which USB port it runs in and it can be quite annoying as I usually have a lot of USB devices plugged in at once.

That's all I can think of. I was ure I had more ideas when I started typing... Good luck anyway!

~pip

As above!, Try download of the device drivers, install the drivers then connect the camera, the os should then detect the camera and install.

I've got all the drivers, device manager even says SX CCD, but doesn't connect when I click on connect to camera, says "Camera not found on USB"

Hi Cam,

Sounds like a driver problem... not uncommon with XP pro.

Did you load specific drivers for the camera when installing the capture software or did you let windows choose when you plugged in the camera?... if the latter then it will pay to reload the drivers from a disc from the programme manager... scroll down to the camera and right click... this will bring up the properties and show which driver is assigned (also the port number allocated)... you can also choose to update the driver if it is showing the wrong version.

Have a look at this: -

http://www.cyanogen.com/help/maximdl/Starlight_Xpress_HX9_USB.htm

You will see a reference for the SX Universal upgrade and driver... the original drivers are pretty obsolete.

http://www.cyanogen.com/help/maximdl/Starlight_Xpress_Universal.htm

You may also need to tell your capture programme the specific port number allocated to the camera... autosearch features don't always find it.

This may sort your problem.

Good luck.

Sandy. :grin:

Hi

I have a HX916 camera , and it works just fine on my mates XP laptop, but not on my XP Pro tower computer. The computer obviously recognises it as it says "Starlight Xpress CCD" under HID's but when I open up pixH9usb and click camera interface, it just says "Camera not found on USB". And yes it is all plugged in. Why is this and how do I get around it?

Thanks

Cam

Is it not seen by any astro capture software either, and is there an ascot driver you can try?

Regards

AB

Archived