Narrowband

Problem with Skyx professional and EQMOD

Hi

I have installed the skyx professional edition including the Ascom 2X Mount Adaptor plugin.

In order to connect to the Skywatcher HEQ5 mount I set first the Synscan hand controller to "PC Direct mode"

After that there are two options from the skyx interface

1) Telescope->telescope setup->mount->mount setup->choose-> ASCOM MOUNT
2) Telescope->telescope setup->mount->mount setup->choose-> Software Bisque->TeleAPI

Which of the two options is recommended to use?

I have also noticed the following problem.

I connect to HEQ5 from the skyx (see image1)

After the link to the mount is disconnected, the eqmod window remains open and the connection to the mount remains open.

With the synscan handcontroller I can send commands to the mount to move in RA/DEC   (see image2)

I close the skyx application but the eqmod window still remains open.

The skyx pro build is 10.2.0 (Build 7973)

I think there's a bug in this build.

Has anyone faced this problem with EQMOD?

post-25327-0-70566800-1435467428.jpg

post-25327-0-65341500-1435467437.jpg

I use the SkyX with an EQ8 at present through EQMOD. I used to with the NEQ6. No problems with either. If installed correctly for EQMOD you should find EQMOD on telescope setup. Select this option. I will have a look at my setup a bit later on and get back to you. But as long as you have the latest ascom driver installed (6.1 I think), it should show up in the SkyX.

Derek

• 2 weeks later...

Archived