Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A final paddle around the Lagoon.

Mike Hawtin

Good one and I generally agree about showing the colour if you have the data. However, I find the brightest pinkish-reds a bit 'angry' and the central part of the lagoon is rather colourless, suggesting (maybe?) that colour has been saturated out.

I don't know this area in O111. Is there much going on?

Now the poor old Trifid is thinking, tearfully, 'What did I do wrong to be left out of this lovely composition?'  :grin:  I'm sure you'll be tempted to bring it in at some time...

Olly

Olly, there is a great deal going on in OIII and I was in two minds about going for HDR in OIII as well as Ha but as the 500 sec subs were not quite saturated I decided against it.  I agree with you about the pinky/reds, I really struggle with colour balance when NB data is in the mix, perhaps one day the penny will drop and I'll crack it, who knows!

Paul, thanks for the positive comments and glad you like the image.

Mike.

Olly, there is a great deal going on in OIII and I was in two minds about going for HDR in OIII as well as Ha but as the 500 sec subs were not quite saturated I decided against it.  I agree with you about the pinky/reds, I really struggle with colour balance when NB data is in the mix, perhaps one day the penny will drop and I'll crack it, who knows!

Paul, thanks for the positive comments and glad you like the image.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. I think I should have a look at an OIII layer for this, then.

Olly

Archived