Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Will this lightbox be suitable for flats?

Decided I need to start doing flat frames so looking at best way of going about it. This light box/stencil led pad appealed to me, its cheap >£30, can be powered by usb, and brightness can be adjusted.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if it gives me the correct colour for flats.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311102187539?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Anyone use one or know if it will do the job?

cheers

How do you hold it in place, if you're not supposed to move the scope and camera?

I thought you were just not meant to move the camera or focuser? I was intending lying the pad on the ground and resting the scope/cam on top, pad seems tough enough, otherwise I'd fashion a holder like I did for my solar film and point scope up towards zenith. Will probably be a few months before I get to try it unless a clear night happens to fall on a friday/saturday

I just set the scope vertical (ie pointing directly upwards) and place the lightpanel on top of it.  Take flats and then remove lightpanel*  park scope.

*If you forget to remove the lightpanel before hitting the "park" command the scope moves and the lightpanel will slide off and land on one corner.  This will break the corner of the lightpanel.  You then have to buy a new lightpanel.  How do I know this??   :cool:

Archived