Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saving PHD2 calibration data for next time

Does anybody save their calibration data in PHD2 and reloaded it next time when imaging the same part of the sky?
If so, are the results as good as a fresh calibration ?

Are there any ways to save multiple versions of the calibration data for many parts on the sky in PHD2?

I have to set up and Polar align my mount / scope each time I use it, so I would never trust old calibration data even if I was on the same target.  Also, it only takes 30 - 40 seconds to calibrate, so I always just do it each time I set up.

Hi

I've reloaded previous calibrations without any problems providing nothing changes between sessions. I don't know about multiple guiding setups. Phd2 allows more than one configuration but I'm not sure how it saves calibration data.

Louise

Thanks for all that, both of you.

As PHD2 has the save data built in it should work OK, without any changes as you said, Thalestris.

Pity there isn't multi save/entry cal data for various parts of the sky.  If there were one would only need to

calibrate once. 

I suppose one could have a few PC's with different sets of data saved. :grin:   One PC for each section of the sky.

Archived