SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

And Yet Another Picture Of Saturn.

Grotemobile

Nice going Steve and nicely processed. Is that RAW as in DSLR?

Hi Jake. It is a colour web cam, using

the IMG132E camera, in raw mode.

50% of 12K worth of frames, using

PIPP,to process the data back to colour.

Steve.

Hi Jake. It is a colour web cam, using

the IMG132E camera, in raw mode.

50% of 12K worth of frames, using

PIPP,to process the data back to colour.

Steve.

Steve,  Sorry the signature and equipment are not shown in Tapatalk, but I recall the earlier thread and conversation on this now.   Glad that you have managed to get the camera working properly in RAW mode and are getting better frame rates (not quoted, but must be reasonable for 12K of capture).   Very respectable result on Saturn from 51 deg North ;)

Might be worth being more quality selective on the stacks, 50% is still 6000 frames.   Perhaps 25% (3000) and 12.5%  (1500) are worth experimenting to see if less better data provides more detail.

Steve,  Sorry the signature and equipment are not shown in Tapatalk, but I recall the earlier thread and conversation on this now.   Glad that you have managed to get the camera working properly in RAW mode and are getting better frame rates (not quoted, but must be reasonable for 12K of capture).   Very respectable result on Saturn from 51 deg North ;)

Might be worth being more quality selective on the stacks, 50% is still 6000 frames.   Perhaps 25% (3000) and 12.5%  (1500) are worth experimenting to see if less better data provides more detail.

Hi Jake, I might try that.

Are downloading more frames, better.

Is there a limit. On Saturn,max was 25fps.

On Jupiter, I was getting up to 85fps.

Steve.

post-1842-0-56183200-1433259830.png

Hi Jake, I might try that.

Are downloading more frames, better.

Is there a limit. On Saturn,max was 25fps.

On Jupiter, I was getting up to 85fps.

Steve.

Jupiter is much brighter than Saturn and will support shorter exposures than Saturn for the same histogram.

working on the 20K frames you have, I was suggesting experimenting with less frames of higher quality.    Once you centre and quality sort your capture with PIPP, I would just try adjusting the percentages within AS!2 to see what gives the best results on your data - broadly bracketing 50%/25%/12.5% will give you a good idea of where the sweet spot lies.    I find with my QHY5L-IIM that less than 1000 frames can be very noisy once I start pushing the wavelets in R6, but I normally get good results between the 1000 and 2000 frames, typically from a 6000 frame capture (per channel).

The colour IMG132 may behave very differently, but definitely worth experimenting to find what works best - at least you have a nice large capture to start with.

Jupiter is much brighter than Saturn and will support shorter exposures than Saturn for the same histogram.

working on the 20K frames you have, I was suggesting experimenting with less frames of higher quality.    Once you centre and quality sort your capture with PIPP, I would just try adjusting the percentages within AS!2 to see what gives the best results on your data - broadly bracketing 50%/25%/12.5% will give you a good idea of where the sweet spot lies.    I find with my QHY5L-IIM that less than 1000 frames can be very noisy once I start pushing the wavelets in R6, but I normally get good results between the 1000 and 2000 frames, typically from a 6000 frame capture (per channel).

The colour IMG132 may behave very differently, but definitely worth experimenting to find what works best - at least you have a nice large capture to start with.

Thanks for that info.So 12%, looks like a

good starting point. Going to have a play around

with the down loads. So ending up with 2k of good

frames, is what I need. Brilliant. Thanks Jake.

Archived