SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your none generic scopes :)

We have many fine examples of scopes in the other threads and they are great and the pride of many owners.

Im interested to see some scopes which break the norms drastically.

Do you have anything to post yourself or have an example.

By not the norm i mean NOT a  refractor, RC Newt, sct, mak (and mak newts) , more like hybrids and odditiys?

Links to pro scopes also valid.

I do really like the look of these Nasymth Cassegrain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasmyth_telescope#/media/File:Walter_hohmann_sternwarte_nasmyth_cassegrain_2009.jpg

with the fixed Eyepeice posistion (more or less) this i imagine to be quiet a user friendly design.

I can imagine yo can also hang very heavy equipment in that location also been a serious benefit for research scopes. with multi tasks

I'd like to add this unusual instrument, the Officina Stellare Veloce RH-200. It looks like an SCT but its mirror is coated on the reverse so that the light passes through the glass twice - once on the way to the mirror surface and back again from the reflective surface. This type of mirror is known as a Mangin mirror after its inventor Alphonse Mangin.

post-1029-0-53637900-1433016110_thumb.pn

I'd like to add this unusual instrument, the Officina Stellare Veloce RH-200. It looks like an SCT but its mirror is coated on the reverse so that the light passes through the glass twice - once on the way to the mirror surface and back again from the reflective surface. This type of mirror is known as a Mangin mirror after its inventor Alphonse Mangin.

attachicon.gifRH-200.png

So basically it's the same as a bathroom mirror? :)

At the other end of the price range: a refracting objective, convex reflecting secondary, f/20 solar projector :) All for €69!!

Before I'm told to, I'll just go and get my coat...

Actually gives great views of sunspots, and the kids like to look - even the wife does (cannot ever even get her out to look at Saturn's rings... no interest )

post-34579-0-76600900-1433019558_thumb.j

post-34579-0-32207200-1433019619_thumb.j

So basically it's the same as a bathroom mirror? :)

Actually, it has more in common with a world war two aircraft searchlight ....... but I see where you're coming from :grin: :grin:

Trust you to pick something niche and expensive Steve

I'm just a 'classy' kinda guy at heart .........

OK, that beats mine...

But yours is more portable and at the moment provides better images (the Kitt Peak scope has run out of funding and so isn't currently operational!!).  I have one like yours and its a brilliant little device - mine was used for a whole school to watch the eclipse!

Helen

Archived