Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 - 18 hours worth

ncjunk

A fantastic week of clear skies with only 1 night where I accidentally set it to image M56 instead of M13.

72x300sec RGB.

I'd like to know how it appears to everyone as on my desktop it appears with a lot of detail but on the phone it's a lot darker. If I set it up for the phone it's too light on the computer.

Thanks

Neil C

https://flic.kr/p/tMf9Ho

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Neil, it does appear a bit dark on my calibrated desktop but i i think it comes down to personal taste. I am really liking the star colours though. Hope you dont mind, i had a play with the JPEG and i would say there is a lot more data in there to play with, especially when you consider it is 18 hours. I did a quick stretch, sorted the gradient then brought the background back down while masking the stars, only took a minute in PI.  There is a lot more in there ;)

Callum

I've recalibrated my monitor so hopefully you should see all the detail now that I saw in my overly bright monitor, I've updated flikr.

The background is slightly red but I'll live with that ;-D

Thanks for helping me.

5 clear nights Sara! I think the Devils got my soul now ;-D

what are you using to processes? I think its a great start but do feel that the stars have been driven to hard making the core white out, the blue stars show this quiet well.

I strugle with Globs with this issue and avoid them now LOL.

what are you using to processes? I think its a great start but do feel that the stars have been driven to hard making the core white out, the blue stars show this quiet well.

I strugle with Globs with this issue and avoid them now LOL.

I struggle with all processing as I don't have time and I see what you mean about the blue stars.

But hey I can at least see it now the monitor is calibrated

I struggle with all processing as I don't have time and I see what you mean about the blue stars.

But hey I can at least see it now the monitor is calibrated

I'll have a read on processing and see if I can get a better balance. It's still my best M13 even with the faults

id say sorting out sreen calibration is going to be a huge plus in itself, I really need to get a nice IPS screen myself, mine are calibrated but not IPS.

Oh mines not IPS it is just a cheap one I bought in the supermarket. I prefer spending the money on astro toys....just bought one of those EL panels for flats.

I use maxim and an old version of photoshop for processing.

Your last adjust is very better. We can see many stars resolved in the core. It seems that there are some noise in the background, a granulation type although. Maybe you can clean them.

M 13 is very difficult to process. It has a bright core and many small and faint stars around. Balance these informations is very hard. Perhaps with multi-time exposition and layers.

The current photo is very bery beautiful. Congratulations !

Really nice image, congrats! I imaged M13 last week (my first glob), total integration time 30mins (RGB 20x30s each). Needless to say, 18h vs 30mins does make a huge difference to the end result  :smiley:

I think you have captured the majority of the 300,000 stars in that image!

Regards

John

The background did have a red gradient. Very nice above. I always get a blue domination in M13, very like this, but what bugs me is that the HR diagram doesn't agree with this. Thoughts, anyone?

Olly

I noticed to red gradient and will reprocess it at some point but i'm not too bothered....does this face look bovered?

I think there's a few blue stars but i think they are in the minority but stand out more because the rest of the stars create a neutral backdrop.

I take it the HR plot is a plot of the m13 stars and where they appear in the main sequence giving an indication of the range and types of stars in the cluster?

Archived