SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saturn's rising earlier

davefrance

Very nice, and colour. I wonder why my one came out monochrome? 'Twer a colour camera.

It's great to get a photo of something so far away and to be able to see those glorious rings. Nice one.

Was it a single shot or a stack?

1000 frame stack. Through AutoStakkert. Same process for Jupiter and Jupiter came out in colour.

The video for Saturn also lacked colour. Not bothered really as it was a good piccy for a first go at Saturn.

1000 frame stack. Through AutoStakkert. Same process for Jupiter and Jupiter came out in colour.

The video for Saturn also lacked colour. Not bothered really as it was a good piccy for a first go at Saturn.

Complete guess here as no AS!2 expert. There is a colour menu in and if it is set to "Auto" perhaps it could not detect enough colour in the video and processed in monochrome?

That's a thought. Take a peek, please:

attachicon.gifSaturn.jpg

I've heard of The Ghost of Jupiter but have I discovered Saturn's Ghost? LOL!

Certainly doesn't look much colour there. Does look quite ghostly. :eek: Will take a close look later.

Thank you, Dave. It was taken at 12:15am and was only about 12 to 15 degrees up in the sky so quite low.

Hi Vikki, converted your image to B&W and it does look much greyer, so I think there is some colour in there somewhere other than the red/blue chromatic aberration. Have tried playing about with it but not sure whether I am introducing colour or bringing out the colour in the original. If the video is lacking colour could it be the white balance?

Actually, it could be, now you mention it. You've just brought it to mind that a cluster I took a photo of came out green. The white balance sliders where all over the place, no idea how or why and not knowing I clicked on Auto and things appeared to clear up. That picture was taken later that night. Now I think about it my cluster came out colourless too.

Many, many thanks, Dave. I will look into that when I get home, you're a star (no pun intended).

Vikki.

Actually, it could be, now you mention it. You've just brought it to mind that a cluster I took a photo of came out green. The white balance sliders where all over the place, no idea how or why and not knowing I clicked on Auto and things appeared to clear up. That picture was taken later that night. Now I think about it my cluster came out colourless too.

Many, many thanks, Dave. I will look into that when I get home, you're a star (no pun intended).

Vikki.

De rien.  :smiley:

Archived