SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DWB111 - The propeller nebula - 2 pane mono mosaic

swag72

Finally the narrowband season is on it's way - Thank goodness. I really don't enjoy LRGB.

I imagined DWB111 for the first time a couple of years ago and always wanted to come back to it. This will be a bi colour image in the fullness of time as well. I thought that in the mosaic there's actually quite a bit to see. Hope that you like it. I certainly enjoyed processing it!! 

Details

M: Avalon Linear fast reverse with StarGO

T: Takahashi FSQ85 0.73x

C: QSI690ws-g with 3nm Ha filter

11x1800s pane 1

10x1800s pane 2 - totalling 10.5 hours so far!

post-5681-0-69742500-1432798160_thumb.jp

You can see a larger resolution image here http://swagastro.weebly.com/uploads/2/3/3/7/23377322/dwb111_mono_mosaic.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Chris - It was quite a balancing act to show the dust and keep the propeller visible - It would have been easy to lose it totally.

not for you but for me yes i don't think i could have found it in the first place lol.

cant wait to see the color and it is a great size for a desk top background 

Nice image, Sara! Looking forward to the bi-colour version!

Looks like you've got to grips with StarGO. Is the ASCOM driver behaving itself now? Just out of interest, what made you switch from EQ6? Does it improve the Avalon in some way?

Regards

John

Thanks John and Barry. The StarGO is on test from Avalon. Unfortunately the ASCOM driver is not without its flaws, but I guess that's what real world testing is all about. The good thing is that Avalon are quick to respond to questions and issues and are working to ensure that all potential problems can be ironed out.

The really odd thing about StarGO is that the mount has suddenly become virtually silent ...... it's great!! I have no idea how that works as it's only the motherboard that is swapped over. 

Potentially there's a few interesting things with the StarGO, such as being able to drive a focusing stepper motor via the mount - I'm waiting for some cables to test that. 

Thanks John and Barry. The StarGO is on test from Avalon. Unfortunately the ASCOM driver is not without its flaws, but I guess that's what real world testing is all about. The good thing is that Avalon are quick to respond to questions and issues and are working to ensure that all potential problems can be ironed out.

The really odd thing about StarGO is that the mount has suddenly become virtually silent ...... it's great!! I have no idea how that works as it's only the motherboard that is swapped over. 

Potentially there's a few interesting things with the StarGO, such as being able to drive a focusing stepper motor via the mount - I'm waiting for some cables to test that. 

has the board removed the last traces of the eq6 mine have always chirped away when tracking.

Earl - The board was a simple changeover - I have no idea how it can have made the motors quieter!!

Thanks Paul - Glad that you like it. Looking into the colour!!!

Id say the new board does thing differently, sounds like a plus anyway :) my EM is pretty quiet also, just wish it supported a hardware park rather than only soft, if i get a power outage it will turn back on and start tracking, this is something i need to sort.

There's no secret to it Chris - I just grab Ha and OIII and then blend it as HOO then fiddle with the colour selective tool in photoshop until I get the colours I like. 

It's done, but sitting on my desktop for a while until I decide whether I like it or it needs further tweaking.

There's no secret to it Chris - I just grab Ha and OIII and then blend it as HOO then fiddle with the colour selective tool in photoshop until I get the colours I like. 

It's done, but sitting on my desktop for a while until I decide whether I like it or it needs further tweaking.

no sii love?

Archived