SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Test driving my dads neq6 pro with a 5se OTA

Mikyg

Hi all ive borrowed my old mans NEQ6 Pro mount and tripod for a few weeks but i didnt want to borrow his beastly 250pds so decided that i would use my Celestron 5se OTA.

I plan on using it to try and do a bit of long exposure photography. I only have it till his observatory is done enough for the scope to go in. I plan on using it with my canon 650d and i'm hoping to get some nice shots.

Do any of u have any advice on best ways to get decent exposures with this mount? I have some planetarium software on the laptop ready to roll but think i might just try the handset first, what do u guys think?

Thanks in advance guys and girls

Thanks freddie, ive balanced the scope with all my cam gear on it and made it slightly heavier on the weight end as the mount doesnt have the belt mod. I just need some decent weather before i have to give it back lol

Archived