SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

EQMOD and Obsy

Spoon

Hi all,

Got my Obsy last Saturday and I've moved everything in now, all looks good, but I don't know how to set the park position in EQMOD, I don't want it to be pointed north as it won't fit in the "lab" otherwise. My question is, how do you set a custom park position?

Cheers

Cam

There is a User defined park position, i don't remember off hand but you set your own  the park route and EQMod moves it there when you want to park, i do a normal Park the set the RA and DEC indexes to zero, then move the mount to where it needs to be to miss the roof, when i  open up, i replace the scope to the zero's do a slew to a star, and adjust if required and sync.....

With the interface expanded out, you will see the section at the bottom where you can select the park/unpark positions.

There will be a button with a (green ?)+ on it - use this to set custom positions. Here's what I do....

Unpark as normal

Slew to where you want to set a custom position

Click the Add Park Position button (with the + sign)

This pops up a new dialogue box

Select an empty slot to store the position

Give it a meaningful name

Click the button to store the position - note there are separate buttons for Park and UnPark

Note you can use the same position but with different names in the Park and UnPark section

I have custom parks for both axis being horizontal, just the OTA horizontal, for collimation, for flats.....

Its worth considering a park position that is 1) good for the space its in and 2) can provide you with an instant on plate solve.

This can allow you to

Open up.

Plate solve

Slew to target

Refine plate solve

ready to carry on.

There is a User defined park position, i don't remember off hand but you set your own the park route and EQMod moves it there when you want to park, i do a normal Park the set the RA and DEC indexes to zero, then move the mount to where it needs to be to miss the roof, when i open up, i replace the scope to the zero's do a slew to a star, and adjust if required and sync.....

That's quite a good idea, might have to do that

cam

Its worth considering a park position that is 1) good for the space its in and 2) can provide you with an instant on plate solve.

This can allow you to

Open up.

Plate solve

Slew to target

Refine plate solve

ready to carry on.

Interesting, and you can play solve in EQMOD?

Interesting, and you can play solve in EQMOD?

No, you can't plate solve in EQMod but you can with other software that you primarily have to pay for. Quite a few ££££ in some cases.lots of people, me included use Astrotortilla. It integrates with EQMod, Cartes du Ceil and APT. Have a read here:-http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/193470-my-tutorial-for-installing-setting-up-and-using-astrotortilla/

The instructions are very straight forward. It does seem a bit daunting at first but once you get it set up it works a treat. I can normally plate solve within 30 secs.

Be warned though, it will take a while, like 2-3hrs for all the necessary files to download. Don't believe the timer on the download window - its wrong

Archived