Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Gassendi 29/4/15

Siriusmeg

Hi all, 

I have always enjoyed looking at the work on this part of the forum and have just plucked up the courage to share one of mine   :grin:   Inspirational posts here encouraged me to try too - and it's taken a while to work out a technique that works for me.  I'd love to hear what you think - especially tips to improve!  I use pastel pencils (black soft charcoal) on black paper.

Thanks for looking, Sarah

post-19332-0-99768300-1432716170.jpg

Hi Sarah,

great that you've tried - an excellent result capturing lots of details! I like especially the structured central peak. No ideas how to improving the sketch. :laugh:

Just a small hint - not for drawing but for image processing: Maybe after scanning the picture slightly increase contrast and decrease brightness a bit so that black becomes black.

Achim

Hi Sarah,

great that you've tried - an excellent result capturing lots of details! I like especially the structured central peak. No ideas how to improving the sketch. :laugh:

Just a small hint - not for drawing but for image processing: Maybe after scanning the picture slightly increase contrast and decrease brightness a bit so that black becomes black.

Achim

That's a really good tip, thanks.  Not very technically minded (that's why I sketch!) but I'm sure I could manage that   :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

My first thought when I saw this - that's a great close up image almost like something taken on a lunar fly by!! Then I read that you sketched it.... Amazing!

me too thought you had posted in the wrong section fantastic drawing :)

(go stick it in the imaging section doubt most will be able to tell haha)

Archived