Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ring nebula?

I think I may have just found the ring nebula! :') It looks like a round ring type thing about the size that Jupiter normally looks, is this is? It has a sort of blueish tinge?

Good find, can you get sheliak in the same fov, i could with a wide eyepiece with my 10", used to move the ring to the bottom right of the eyepiece view, might be different this time of year I suppose. The ring is one of my favourites.

I think I may have just found the ring nebula! :')

Well done! The ring was my first and is still my favourite DSO, in fact my 200p can almost find it by itself, it has been pushed there so often :-)

It's quite a nice imaging target, too, doesn't need too long an exposure.

The Ring was my first DSO as well: I remember (all of about a year ago) standing in the back yard and calling up to my wife "Well, I think I just saw a nebula!" I mean, imagine that: standing in your own back yard and looking at a nebula. Does that really happen? Apparently it does!

-- Joel.

I think that it was the first DSO that I acually had to find.

I still love it and remember the feeling of delight when it floated into view.

It still gets a look most sessions. Makes a nice break from straining to see targets right on the edge of vision.

Paul

Archived