SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Live Broadcast

Spacedout

Hello All,

I am hopeful to do a broadcast later if it stays clear so keep an eye out if you fancy popping in for a chat or simply some anonymous viewing :) 

www.videoastronomylive.co.uk - Channel Spacedout

The plan is to do some Lunar with my HD-SDI camera and then later on I'll be trying a few DSOs with my Mallincam Xreme on the ED80.

Oh no I've cursed myself, clouds will roll in now for sure!

Cheers

Karl 

Hi karl..I tried to view..could not get anything..were you having problems..davy

Hello Dave, what browser were you using?  Allan seemed to have an issue to begin with but switched to Chrome without issue and I was using Firefox no problem.  It might be the new player I was testing out but I'll need to look into it.  You should have said hello and I could have advised, were you lurking again :)   By the way, you were meant to come back to me with some info to complete your channel.  Do you still want one?  Would be nice to finally see your portable array in action!  :shocked: 

Anyway, here are a couple of grabs I took and I'll post some video later.

post-28683-0-80869400-1432823179_thumb.j

post-28683-0-22405600-1432823187_thumb.j

Cheers

Karl

Yeah course I do.. haven't tested the array yet due to the weather at mine.. the array will be going through an upgrade very soon.. been putting money away to buy the skywatcher allview mount..and will make up a mount to fit multi camera array..pd camera will be getting a cooling mod during the summer so I can take my hottest weather reading during testing..may be a bit nuts the idea but in principal it may work.keeping the idea to myself till I develope the test rig.

Hello Stash and yes it is.  This allows me to use 4 cameras which are all needed for my remote setup and I then simply feed it into my Dazzle video grabber which then feeds into the PC.

Hello Stash and yes it is.  This allows me to use 4 cameras which are all needed for my remote setup and I then simply feed it into my Dazzle video grabber which then feeds into the PC.

So is the DVR next to the scope or do you run feeds from camera back to DVR in warm room - if latter do you use any Ground loop connection ?

I presume you then you just have a network connection to the DVR (or use the DVR remote) to swap screens(4 to 1) so that you can just have one feed going into the grabber .

Hello Stash,

DVR is kept in the office and can be seen lower left in the image below.  I have a mouse for it that I use to flick from camera to camera and it controls the PTZ camera from zooming in on the scope and I can adjust brightness and contrast to the image also. I have 4 video cables that run from sockets on the back of the house around to the front and in to sockets I have under my desk.  From there I have 4 short cables that feed to DVR.  I do not use a ground loop connection as it seems fine as it is.

post-28683-0-66515000-1433094638_thumb.j

Cheers

Karl

Archived