Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Rotterdam, NL

poerqwa

Hi there,

Really caught the astronomy bug :) :)

Started with a lot of reading (on the internet), looking at starcharts and finally bit the bullet last week.

My setup:

• Skywatcher AZ-EQ6
  • Celestron 9.25 CST
  • 2" zenith upgrade with 2" 24mm maxvision (82 degrees fov) and 1,25" 11mm Explore Scientific

One word: WOW

One sentence: A LOT to learn (but I have time :) )

First sighting(manual) was Moon and Jupiter (with 3 moons !!!) already really amazing

Succesfully polar aligned the mount, that was the first step and feeling great about it :angel8::hello2: .

Now on to the 2nd which is using the synscan alignment to use the goto part of the setup but first attemps were not so succesful. :icon_biggrin:

But as I said there is a lot to learn (and a lot has already been written) so I just need to sift through all postings. Every question has already been asked no?

Greetings from Rotterdam, The Netherlands

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL!

Cracking set-up, it should bring you many fantastic nights of enjoyment. As to whether or not a question has already been asked, probably but the way I see it is the only stupid question is the one you don't ask and, should it have been asked already, the helpful folks on here are sure to point you at the appropriate discussion.

Good luck and clear skies!

Archived