Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Scope Gathering Dust

I'm guessing Sunderland with a moniker like astromackem ;) If the clouds clear in North East we'll have a good view of the all-night twilight we get this time of year.

Newcastle unforunately ;-)

How do you mean all night twilight?

At this time of year it never really gets completely dark, so the sky remains a little light.

By rights the darkest time should be 1:00am.

It will still be "light" at 10:00pm slightly better by 10:30pm and reasonable at 11:00pm, however not as dark as at other times of the year, and with you being fairly well Nortth it is worse.

So far tonight's looking promising but has forecast alot of cloud coming, getting scope out in 30 minutes to catch the moon before sinking behind the neighbours house! 35 minutes actually, forgot the 5 minute dust clearing

It started off like that.. two kids and a wife later and its turned in to something entirely different!

Just my little joke - I'm originally from Sunderland and have a 'Geordie' wife too. I just shows- we CAN get on (most of the time!)   :smiley:   

Just my little joke - I'm originally from Sunderland and have a 'Geordie' wife too. I just shows- we CAN get on (most of the time!)   :smiley:   

Ah I get your joke now. Our third child is on the way so I guess that answers your question! :evil:

I am not originally from Newcastle but I used to work at Fulwell, Sunderland, so quite familiar with the banter  'gan shopping in the Black and White', 'crossing the border' etc, etc. Still meet up with some wearsider friends who come to Newcastle. I'm a Lanc, my wife is a Yorkie and our daughter is born a geordie, so plenty of volatile potential in our household I guess. 

Archived