SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Summery mix.

Moon had set and the early hours sky was reasonably dark and clear. Cygnus and the Milky Way split the sky pushing Cepheus north. Hercules was clear on the line of Arcturus and Lyra sparkling with stars. Not a breeze and so calm. Ideal for the C6r.

In quite a low setting Saturn shone brightly, through the scope it wobbled like a cartoon.

Swinging up to M13 , the star fields around and in front made a sparkling 3D sight.

Then up to Draco and M102 ( spindle galaxy, NGC 5866 mag.+9.9), quite a surprising glow with more details at x 100 showing the bright core.

Over to Cygnus with a UHC filter and a long sweep from NGC 6695 to NGC 6692 to show the clump and fine arc of the Eastern Veil . A lovely sweep at x50. Down to M27, which with it's star field actually looked better without the filter. Such a really stunning Dumbbell.

Then nearby globulars M56 and M71, these looked quite spectacular in their star fields at x50. M56 certainly started to resolve at x120.

The ISS came over, so very bright and high at 2.10, hitting Tarazed on the way. Low in the north east I was drawn to what appeared to be familiar stars, the top of Pegasus !

Further north I caught M31 and below Cassiopeia, the "double double". I had a look at NGC 7789 from Caph,which even low and bright just sparkled at x50.

Finished up with some doubles in Hercules, HDS 2572 showing a delicate view in a fov with several others.

Σ2277, delicate at x50.

Σ2229 , red/orange T x100.

FOX 202, wide at x40 in a good fov.

A light creamy band of cloud was spilling in from the north breaking open in altocumulus , bringing an end to a full mixed session,

Nick.

Archived