Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at time lapsing the night sky! 22.05.2015

Fieel

Short story is my intervalometer finally arrived, i couldn't wait to create a nightlapse and as soon as night came i started capturing the sky.  The sky was really cloudy and light polluted.. and i even used low quality jpegs to avoid reconverting RAW files prior to importing everything on After Effects, it was just my first test at night time lapsing and it was bad compared to what i can achieve!

I used Sony Vegas to edit small stuff in post, just a small amount of post has been applied, i still have to learn: if you guys know good tutorials or guides let me know!

Everything was shot with a Panasonic Lumix GH2 equiped with a Panasonic Lumix G-Vario 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 wide open at 14mm, using an intervallometer. The camera took a 10 seconds exposure every 20 seconds, from 22.30 PM to 00.30 AM. This has been shot in Switzerland, Ticino, Capolago.

The brighter light at the beginning is Jupiter.

Archived