Narrowband

first pinwheel

I did go for the elephant nebulae? after this but my tracking had lost its way somewhere along the line so no idea where it is lol but still happy with just getting the focusing a bit better and learning DSS bit better I still need to do darks mind

post-25141-0-33523100-1432432043_thumb.j

I tell a lie they were 2 min subs not 3 , run it through dss again I think I prefer this one

Brilliant photo. I tried this one a couple of nights ago with 8 x 5 min subs, but you have got much more detail than I got. I should try again with more shorter exposures.

it's 20,870,000 light years from us....    Makes you think...

Thanks for the encouragement, have to say I,m blown away by it all, just looking up last night theres so much we dont know. I suppose at the moment I,m going through the kid in a sweetshop stage and want to do it all. I am using the skywatcher 150 scope but I,m hoping to get a refractor  probably the ED80  but I have been looking at the equinox pro 80 also and it seems a better scope just dont hear much about them so torn about it 

Just look at your Elephant trunk one , not a long way off .  your one is  21:11:45    dec  68:18:11  and the Tunk is 21:39:593   dec  57:34: 303  and your scale is 3.202 

Just got me thinking that all , nice pinwheel well done.

Edit Angle of 48

I know when I went to check on my scope the scope was hitting the leg of the tripod trying to track M101 so the last 10 subs were off. I then done named star and put in Vega and it was off (still visible in the finder scope) its from here I,m not sure how to get everything back on track I presume do another star align but it was getting on a bit so just took a chance so to speak. Have to ask you how do you know the co ordinates on the elephant trunk is it from looking at star charts or something?

Ah right, I did wonder lol. Looking at clear outside there is a good chance I will have clear skies again tonight thinking of going out with the star adventurer somewhere and taking some more subs not sure whether to use the 300mm lens or my 11mm lens for some widefield. going to think about it and see what happens

Guys quick question if I was to do the pinwheel again tonight would I be able to combine them with this one in DSS? just a thought as I havnt altered any settings yet and it looks clear out at the mo ( I could also do my darks )

yep, you can do it.

many people gather data over different nights and combine it later, you can even combine different exposure times, iso, etc and use the appropriate setting in dss to handle that. 

make sure you get it to about the same position in frame.

Frank

Archived