Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 -Atik 314 2nd Light

thenews24

2nd go with the Atik 314. First time I Imaged with a 200mmf2.8 lens. Now I'm trying with the 80mm refractor. 39X190 sec, bin 1x1, -20c. Uv/Ir cut. DSS to Pixinsight. It was really humid and hazy seeing conditions but am pleased with results. Hoping to at more data and the soon. Thank you. Questions comments welcome.

post-20418-0-90505600-1432417510_thumb.j

How exciting to see the new camera producing images. These Atiks are just a joy, such power in a small package.

I is a joy to work with. Although I miss the finer detail of smaller pixels, the batch processing is a breeze with the smaller file sizes. I am relaly itching to get some RGB filters soon 

I'm trying to do M51 too .. I am truly hating the moon and short nights at the moment :/ 

I know the feeling. I bought my RASA in the wrong session. The amount of light pollution being caught is unreal. The raw sub of my M13 picture looks like a page from a child's colouring book!

Archived