Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Desparation or overkill?

DRT

I haven't had much luck with the weather so might have gotten a bit carried away with how much equipment I might need for my my daytime observation of the new Moon this evening...

post-33858-0-53965100-1432414977_thumb.j

...but had some lovely views of our near neighbour and then Venus and Jupiter when dusk set in :grin:

I haven't had much luck with the weather so might have gotten a bit carried away with how much equipment I might need for my my daytime observation of the new Moon this evening...

...but had some lovely views of our near neighbour and then Venus and Jupiter when dusk set in :grin:

I suspect you do not actually mean "new Moon", they tend to be sort of nothing really observable. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Should be about 5 days old tonight.

I suspect you do not actually mean "new Moon", they tend to be sort of nothing really observable. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Should be about 5 days old tonight.

Indeed. But it is new to me as I haven't seen the sky for about three weeks :wink:

I find this perfectly logical behaviour ;)

I knew that some here would understand :grin:

Mrs T is worried that I'm going to try to squeeze it all in the car when we go on holiday to Skye but it looks like a very reasonable grab-n-go set-up to me :wink:

I knew that some here would understand :grin:

Mrs T is worried that I'm going to try to squeeze it all in the car when we go on holiday to Skye but it looks like a very reasonable grab-n-go set-up to me :wink:

You clearly need a bigger car. We now have an Espace, and essentially all the gear joins me on holidays. :D

Derek,

Its brilliant, st120 in the middle with axiom23mm, is in effect a big finder. ADM saddle each end(the chap who had this before me put a10" SNT on it) 152mm frac & mak.... Sorted. If you want to try it for a while drop over.

Derek,

Its brilliant, st120 in the middle with axiom23mm, is in effect a big finder. ADM saddle each end(the chap who had this before me put a10" SNT on it) 152mm frac & mak.... Sorted. If you want to try it for a while drop over.

Funnily enough I was out looking at Jupiter earlier tonight through my ED100 and stuck the ST150 with Nagler 31mm on the other side of my Giro III as a finder :lol:

I might take you up on that, Damian. I just bought a second Giro III this evening but a SkyTee in no doubt in my future :wink:

Hi proto star, there is nothing more frustrating in getting all the astro stuff out and looking forward to doing some quality night-time observing,( especially when your not in work the next day) only for the clouds to roll in and spoil the view. Iam now wanting to get some sort of solar filter to at least do some solar daytime observing to compensate,,,,.Nice scope set up and eyepieces by the way.I have not long bought a skytee mount which i am starting to enjoy using with the 5 inch achromat.post-44413-0-07711900-1432554735_thumb.j

Hi proto star, there is nothing more frustrating in getting all the astro stuff out and looking forward to doing some quality night-time observing,( especially when your not in work the next day) only for the clouds to roll in and spoil the view. Iam now wanting to get some sort of solar filter to at least do some solar daytime observing to compensate,,,,.Nice scope set up and eyepieces by the way.I have not long bought a skytee mount which i am starting to enjoy using with the 5 inch achromat.

Indeed. I was looking forward to some really good observing this weekend but it has turned out to be rubbish.

Nice set-up - I definitely need a SkyTee II in my arsenal :wink:

Archived