Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Varna, Bulgaria!

humanityBG

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and say Hello, as my first post. I'm very excited to be joining the community and sharing my passion with people from across the globe/universe! 

Let's start with a little more about me.

My name is Desislav, I'm a 25 year old dude from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Ever since I was a little child I was fascinated with the stars. My first big visit to an observatory was when I was like 10 years old, at the Rozhen National Observatory, all the way across the country! Ever since that day I have been fascinated with watching the sky, be that with my bare eyes or with an amateur $100 telescope.
I recently spent 3 months as part of my previous school's training on a merchant ship, where all I did every night was stare at the sky (we were in open oceans so there was 0 light pollution) and it was the most amazing thing you could ever imagine! That experience fueled my passion and prompted me to get into astrophotography and upgrading my hardware. 

That being said, I recently purchased a brand new Celestron 6SE, a Celestron lens/filter kid, some T-ring adapters and the appropriate adapters to take photos with my DSLR alone and with the extra lenses I bought with the kit. My DSLR is a Nikon D5100 (I've got a few wireless/wired remotes to use with the telescope) so both pieces of hardware are great entry-level products. 

I really don't know if there is anything more I can tell you guys, so feel free to ask if you are interested! 

I'm still learning the ropes around using my 6SE and it's been a challenge to getting it aligned (Took me about 2 weeks to figure out to use the 25mm lens to center and the 8/6 one to align), but I finally got the hang of it!

Very much looking forward to chatting with you guys and possibly meeting fellow astronomers from around my country (if any of them are forum members). 

Hi There,

Warm welcome to SGL, thats a lovely bit of coastline you live near :grin: . You have a very nice setup, the 6se is a very capable scope. If you have not done so download a planetarium program, try stellarium its great and free to be found here ;-- http://www.stellarium.org/

There is a great book on astrophotography called 'making every photon count' its really worth investing in.

Nazdrave!!

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! 

I will definitely pick up the book as soon as I find it! 

Stellarium is really going to be of better use than the Google Sky Map I sometimes use on my phone to orient myself when the sky is really clear at night. Thanks for the link! :)

My next big purchase will be a power-tank so I can take this baby with me along some less-light polluted areas.

Nazdrave! :D

Добър вечер Desislav and welcome to SGL. Are you in Varna city or Varna district? Had some great nights since 1999 and looking at the night sky from the city centre or Vazrazhdane. Hope to return soon as my BG fiancée thinks I have 'done a runner' as we say in England. We phone each other every week which sort of makes up for not seeing each other.

Archived