SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Mounting bolt for HEQ5

simmo39

I can't remember if it's M10 or M12 - which isn't much help to you!  However I find for the central mounting "bolt" a length of studding ( sometimes called allthread ) is easier to use.  You can cut a length to suit and leave it in the mount - then just drop the whole thing (from a safe height!!  :grin: )  onto your tripod or pier and then bolt up from underneath.  It can save quite a bit of fiddling about and words like "bother" and "deary me".  Stainless studding is available from folks like Screwfix at sensible prices.

Hi all, Thanks for the replies, M 10 then it is. While on the subject is there a recommended supplier for M 10 bolts with a hand grip on?. Im thinking of ease of fit and removal of the head from the pier. I know Im a pain! lol

Hi all, Thanks for the replies, M 10 then it is. While on the subject is there a recommended supplier for M 10 bolts with a hand grip on?. Im thinking of ease of fit and removal of the head from the pier. I know Im a pain! lol

I got one of these to attach to my brake disk - I found that the main problem was to get an M10 one that was one long enough.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JR3WZ2M/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Archived