Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

quark 23 may first light

msh1

the sun taken today with a daystar quark ,skywatcher ed80 telescope using a blackfly camera ,stack of best 100 frames false coloured in cs5 then inverted to show the detailpost-22762-0-78527200-1432374200_thumb.j

Fantastic first image. Welcome to the club.

thanks dazzaa im really pleased with this one although its a bit noisy is it because of registax or the camera gain set to high/low

mark

Mark you should be very happy with that, things now just get easier & busier if ifs sunny :grin:

What camera did you use Mark ? capture times ?

Turn the gain all the way down, you shouldn't need to use it.

Capture times vary, I did 1000 frames per panel for my 1st mosaic but I get better results shooting for 30 secs @ 60fps, but grab at least 1000 frames & use the best 10% using Autostakket.

Also give IMPPG a go, it's pretty cool.

Expect to see ever better images coming from your direction Mark, enjoy your new purchase.

Great first image, well done :laugh:

Interesting times for solar imaging with the Quark and some very good cameras at various prices :laugh:

The Quark has opened a huge door for a small budget, people can now indulge in this fantastic side of AP for £900 :eek: if they have a suitable scope.

It can perform as well as some certain dedicated solar scopes & pst mods & better in some cases, the cheap cost of the EP draws some 'envious' comments but it's solar imaging capabilities do not lie, it's a solar killer for sure.

I hope Mark takes every opportunity to use it as it's great publicity for a product that does what it sais on the tin.

Mark you should be very happy with that, things now just get easier & busier if ifs sunny :grin:

What camera did you use Mark ? capture times ?

Turn the gain all the way down, you shouldn't need to use it.

Capture times vary, I did 1000 frames per panel for my 1st mosaic but I get better results shooting for 30 secs @ 60fps, but grab at least 1000 frames & use the best 10% using Autostakket.

Also give IMPPG a go, it's pretty cool.

Expect to see ever better images coming from your direction Mark, enjoy your new purchase.

The Quark has opened a huge door for a small budget, people can now indulge in this fantastic side of AP for £900 :eek: if they have a suitable scope.

It can perform as well as some certain dedicated solar scopes & pst mods & better in some cases, the cheap cost of the EP draws some 'envious' comments but it's solar imaging capabilities do not lie, it's a solar killer for sure.

I hope Mark takes every opportunity to use it as it's great publicity for a product that does what it sais on the tin.

Ewan I use a black fly camera I shoot 1000frames at 30 frames sec best 100 stacked in autostakkert

Mark

Archived