Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello

cheolk

Hi 

I am completely new and am from Singapore.

I just ordered my Celestron skymaster 20x80 and will receive it maybe a week later.

I also hope it won't be mis-collimated. I am worried as I have read a lot on this.

Singapore is bright and cloudy. Do not know if I can see anything.

By the way, I also ordered a tripod by Polaroid 72 inch. I wonder whether this tripod can take this skymaster.

regards

cheolk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Cheolk,

Warm welcome to SGL, now if this is the same here as singapore they are a big pair of binoculars. The tripod will support  20lb alledgedly and as the binos are around 5lbs then you should be ok. You can collimate them just be careful, and would not reccomend you do so unless desperate... Peel back gently the rubber hand grip and you will see some small screws. These are the prism tilt screws. Adjust as needed.

You should see plenty with these big binos, a couple of books 'turn left at orion' and 'sky&telescope pocket star atlas' will help guide you round the sky. Also download a planetarium program, lots out there but try stellarium its great and free. To be found here :-- http://www.stellarium.org/

Hi cheolk and welcome to SGL, your new binoculars and tripod should be a good match and give you steady views of the night sky, especially if you can take them away from any major light pollution, enjoy the forum :)

Hi

Anybody can tell me what is the difference between

Celestron Skymaster 20x80 binoculars

and

Orion Skyscanner 100 mm Tabletop reflector telescope [this looks cheap].

I know one is a pair of binoculars and the other a telescope. Actually which is better?

regards

cheo

Archived