Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A bit pedantic but ...

Steve Ward

Well I wouldn't want to land on the Moon if some of it was missing .........

It's a long way away.  You'd want as big a target as possible, wouldn't you?

James

Inspector George Gently gazing up at a full Moon just before being invited indoors to watch the Apollo 11 landing ...  :rolleyes:

I saw a similar problem in Men in Black 3 (which actually had some of the Apollo stuff correct). Just before K and J set off for Florida they look at a full moon shining down.

Was a full Moon for Apollos 12 , 14 and 15 ...  :p

None of the landing landed in a full Moon by the way. Landing times were selected so that the landing sites were just past sunrise at the time of the landing.

I saw a similar problem in Men in Black 3 (which actually had some of the Apollo stuff correct). Just before K and J set off for Florida they look at a full moon shining down.

None of the landing landed in a full Moon by the way. Landing times were selected so that the landing sites were just past sunrise at the time of the landing.

Was just going on what Stellarium showed ... I guess the Beeb had issues with the rights to the landing 'soundtrack' too as the dialogue from mission control was all made up too ...  :p

Was just going on what Stellarium showed ... I guess the Beeb had issues with the rights to the landing 'soundtrack' too as the dialogue from mission control was all made up too ...  :p

You probably used the landing dates for the Command Module.

Pedantic? Moi?

I guess I really ought to know how to use Stellarium by now ...  :rolleyes:

Archived