SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problems imaging with webcam

Hello, I am new here. I am also relatively new to astrophotography as well. I have a question. I am using an 8 inch Celestron Schmidt Cassegrain telescope, with a C920 webcam butted up to the eyepiece and with a 2x barlow, and my image of jupiter is always so tiny. I've tried removing the lens of the webcam with just the chip exposed, however its just a blurr of shadow and light. So I'm using a jig to hold the webcam in place up against the eyepiece.  Just looking for advice. Thank you  : )

The normal way is to remove the webcam lens and insert with some kind of adaptor to the eyepeice holder on scope ( a 35mm film cannister can be cut / glued or you can buy a proper screw in one)

This will however be way out of focus now compared to the eyepeice veiw,on my C8 i have to spin the focuser about 6 full turns clockwise ...

good luck

Archived