Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

first astro image

This is my first image (waxing gibbous), it consists of 3 panes stacked from video shot with my Sony nex 3. My scope it 1400/150 on an eq3. I don't have a drive motor so just recorded the motion of the moon across the frame and aligned and stacked in registax. The final frame for the top wouldn't stack and just came out blurry so its missing,but for a first attempt in pleased... Your thoughts?

post-44018-0-72230200-1430595907_thumb.j

Thanks astrosurf, no I used photoshop, opened up each image as a layer, set blend mode to multiply and you can easily see the the overlap to align then masked off the overlap and set blend mode to lighten.Subtle adjustments to grey point helped get the exposure uniform from pain to pain

Thanks astrosurf, no I used photoshop, opened up each image as a layer, set blend mode to multiply and you can easily see the the overlap to align then masked off the overlap and set blend mode to lighten.Subtle adjustments to grey point helped get the exposure uniform from pain to pain

Phew! MS ICE is much easier!

Archived