SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tycho, Copernicus et al.

JB80

Finally got some clear enough sky to get a bit of imaging in last night, I didn't do a full session so just a few quick regions in the end.

Still it was great to be out again and tonight, fingers crossed, is looking good to be at least clear.

First up, Tycho

16721517463_a1192a2bb9_b.jpg

Copernicus

17153971208_6c7baf1f74_b.jpg

A 2 panel mosaic of the northern region.

17339877572_ac04118f88_b.jpg

I couldn't help myself here, had to do it.

17154197180_ac956409e2_b.jpg

Thanks Nick!

Normally I would take a full set for a whole mosaic but there was some cloud and haze so I made it a quick few shots and called it a night.

Tonight might be a goer for one though.

The last one of Copernicus?

I just made a negative version of it, in photoshop it's the 'invert' selection, then it's just a matter of tweaking the contrast and colour balance to taste.

Fantastic images, Jarrod.  Tycho and the Northern region shots particularly.  On the northern region shot, it's nice to be able to see Mons Rumker poking out from the gloom.  Only managed to snag it once - conditions rarely seem favourable at that phase.  No clear skies here since Wednesday night, so still wading through shots from then, trying to make the best of poor seeing.  :sad:

Thanks Ash, that is another reason I like annotating the lunar images. It's a way of keeping track of those features you don't see all the time.

Hopefully tonight the haze will clear and I can find a few more interesting features up there.

Archived