SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ZWO ASI120MM USB Cable

Hello all,

I hope this is posted in the correct forum. I have a ZWO ASI120MM camera and the USB cable supplied with it is not long enough. Can I purchase a longer one and still expect the camera to work correctly? Thank you............ thanks.gif

Check that you are purchasing a USB 2 or 3 - whichever you require, I think the ZWO ASI120MM is USB2.0. I have never used one but I am sure you know the answer.

Funny story - went into a well known electrical goods shop and asked for a USB2.0 A-B cable. The guy looked at me for ages and then said "Ah, you mean a printer cable. No-one has ever asked me for an A-B USB cable" :huh: :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Are you using it for planetary imaging? Only becasue I have one and a QHY5, ive gone back to the QHY5 as the ZWO ASI120MM is a nightmare for crashing phd ascom guiding, if you have a method I am all ears..

I'm genuinely surprised by that, Guy.  The ASI drivers seem exceptionally stable in my experience.  Could be worth making sure you have the latest driver versions and/or dropping them an email about it.  They're usually very responsive.

James

I have used an number of different cameras for astronomy and most seem to be fine with USB cables up to 3 meters in length. If you need a longer cable, then you will need to

think about a powered USB hub. 

Archived