Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Getting our eyes in slowly but surely.

Steve55

Sundays weather was superb , looked at the sun in the day for a while and clear skies looked like they where here for the night. Stuck the  dobs back out in the garden a good 90 mins before we where going out let it cool, not a lot to see really from our vantage point in the middle of town but the moon Venus and good old Jupiter where  all good for seeing.  Venus as expected was bright sparkle in my 6" dobs, cannot say it has ever been anything but and maybe that is best can been seen on my scope. The Moon as always is great to look at the more we look the better we get at spotting things we did not see the last time, always enjoy having a root around the Moon :-).

Our greatest surprise was Jupiter, we had greater definition than we have ever seen before and where actually quiet excited to see the The large bands so very clearly, certainly am sure more due to us becoming a little more experienced at picking out detail than anything else. Over all a very enjoyable session out in the garden. Working nights i do not get out as much as i would like by any means . Things are certainly improving across the board in how we look for things and pick out the detail we struggled with at first . Happy Days-Nights :-)

Archived