Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beginner advice on astrophotography :-)

Hello everyone :-)

Im really enjoying my Skywatcher Explorer 130M F/900 telescope, but i also have a Sony Alpha A390 DSLR camera. (I think you know where im going with this one)

Iv seen the T adaptor and T ring on eBay for Sony cameras which are cheaper than i was expecting, but before i plunge into buying these parts, the burning question i have is, is my telescope and this camera up to the job ?

I don't know how far i could focus with this set up, would it be close ups of the moon at best or even other planets :-)

Any advice or pointers would be fantastic.

Many Thanks

Ben 

Thanks for the replys guys.

I have heard my telescopes inward focus could cause me a few issues, i have a x2 barlow lens but not sure if this would help me achieve focus ?

Anyway, i have purchased the t adaptor and t ring and i'm willing to give it a shot to see if i can get any pictures

:-)

Hi there.

I have a SW Explorer 130M. Unfortunately it dose not have enough inwards focus to be used with a DSLR on the T-thread. The only way you can archive focus is by using a Barlow.
Even after butchering the focuser and cutting it down so it has about another 8mm inwards focus, it still was not enough. The only way to realistic get focus would be to put long bolts on the mirror so that it moves up the tube. 

Hope this is of help

Shiin

Hi there.

I have a SW Explorer 130M. Unfortunately it dose not have enough inwards focus to be used with a DSLR on the T-thread. The only way you can archive focus is by using a Barlow.

Even after butchering the focuser and cutting it down so it has about another 8mm inwards focus, it still was not enough. The only way to realistic get focus would be to put long bolts on the mirror so that it moves up the tube. 

Hope this is of help

Shiin

Hi there,

That is a very interesting point you make, i have looked on google and it seems allot of people are doing this will allot of success - have you done this yourself on your scope ? if so was it an easy job - not sure if i have the confidence to attempt it myself  :-0

Thanks

Ben

I moved from sony to canon and have a spare sony T ring in the drawer - so if you decide to go down that route PM me before you buy one :)

i used it with an a210 and a580

Hi mate,

That is a very kind jesture - however i brought it the other day and its now come.

Again many thanks for your kind offer :-)

Archived