Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

converting to 2" star diagonal on Celestron CPC

Greetings

New to the forum. Lots of good info. I appreciate everyone's input. I've been interested in Astronomy since a kid. I'm ready to upgrade from a small newtonian. I've been doing lots of research and am considering a Celestron CPC 11". Either the HD or the XLT. I'm thinking the HD is more for photography,and from what I've read it seems you need to spend much more on a mount than what comes with the scopes in the several thousand dollar range. So I think the price difference may not be worth it without the intention of serious astrophotography, which probably would be better done on a different telescope.

The one feature the HD has that I like is the 2" eyepiece. Does anyone know if a CPC that comes with 1.25" eyepieces can be easily converted to 2"? Is it simply a matter of inserting it, or does the fitting at end of the tube need to changed, and if so are the parts readily available? I just visited OPT in Oceanside this week on a business trip, but didn't think to ask that question. What a nice colllection they've got!

One could do serious financial damage there.

thanks in advance for any info.

Archived